Sophomore Jacqueline Clark scores twice in non-conference victory
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (September 9, 2017) – The Western New England University field hockey team posted a 3-0 victory over Clark University on Saturday afternoon in non-conference action at Golden Bear Stadium.
• Sophomore forward Jacqueline Clark (Auburn, Mass.) scored a pair of goals and put a game-high eight shots on target.
• Senior goalkeeper Grace Trupe (Cardiff, Calif.) made four saves en route to her sixth career shutout.
• Senior forward Brittany DeLima (Branchville, N.J.) recorded two assists, while classmate Michelle Carlson (Hackettstown, N.J.) tallied her third goal of the season.
• Clark put the Golden Bears in front 1-0 just four minutes into the contest when she stuffed a rebound past Clark junior goalie Dani Michaud (Providence, R.I.).
• Western New England led by the same score at halftime, before doubling its lead at the 49:38 mark when DeLima sent a pass across the front of the cage to Carlson, who finished in the lower left corner.
• Clark tallied her second goal of the game late in regulation on a feed from senior forward Jennifer Catuccio (Southbury, Conn.).
• Western New England outshot Clark 21-6, including 14-3 in the first half.
• The Golden Bears took eight penalty corners to Clark's three.
• Clark already has three goals this season after scoring six as a freshman last fall.
Western New England (2-1) opens Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. against Salve Regina at Golden Bear Stadium, while Clark (2-1) travels to UMass Dartmouth on Tuesday.