DiSchiavi and Giacomin score for Western New England
BEVERLY, Mass. (December 2, 2017) – The Western New England University ice hockey team fell to No.8/9 nationally ranked Endicott College, 9-2, on Saturday evening in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Raymond Bourque Arena.
• Senior forward David DiSchiavi (Etobicoke, Ont.) and freshman defenseman Adamo Giacomin (Richmond Hill, Ont.) both scored for the Golden Bears, while junior forward Tyler Hines (North Haven, Conn.) recorded a team-high five shots on goal.
• Endicott junior forward Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, N.Y.) followed up Friday night's three-point effort with two more goals and another assist to pace the Gulls offensively.
• Sophomore Jack Kilty (Medway, Mass.) posted a two-goal effort.
• Five different Gulls found the back of the net in the first period as Endicott held a 5-0 advantage after 20 minutes of play.
• Kilty scored his second goal of the game early in the second period and junior Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alta.) made it 7-0 at the 14:50 mark before DiSchiavi got the Golden Bears on the board with 2:23 remaining in the frame.
• After Endicott tacked on two more goals early in the third, Western New England capitalized on a power play opportunity midway through the period as Giacomin scored his third of the season on a feed from junior Matt O'Dea (Orland Park, Ill.).
• The Gulls outshot the Golden Bears 50-26.
• Western New England held a 45-37 advantage in the faceoff circle, led by DiSchiavi, who went 15-for-20. .
Western New England (4-7-1, 1-6-1 CCC) will be back in action next Friday night at the University of New England, while Endicott (9-1, 8-0 CCC) hosts Johnson & Wales.