Beauchamp tallies team-high four points (three goals, one assist) for Western New England
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (April 8, 2017) – The Endicott College men's lacrosse team scored five unanswered goals over the final nine minutes of regulation to earn an 11-10 win over Western New England University on Saturday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Golden Bear Stadium.
• Junior Nicholas Beauchamp (Wilbraham, Mass.) led the way for Western New England with four points (three goals, one assist), while freshman Nick Gamba (East Islip, N.Y.) recorded three points (one goal, two assists) and senior Frank Medlicott (Stanwood, Wash.) added two goals.
• Sophomores Luke Wallahan (Pleasant Hill, Calif.) and Bryan McManus (Madison, Conn.) finished with four points each (three goals, one assist) for Endicott, while senior Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.) registered a hat trick on eight shots.
• Senior Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.) went 16-for-24 at the face-off X, including 8-for-8 in the fourth quarter as the Gulls completed their comeback.
• Gamba staked Western New England to a 1-0 lead on a feed from Beauchamp at the 8:01 mark of the first quarter, but Endicott responded with a 3-0 run that included two goals from Jennings to claim a 3-1 advantage with just under four minutes remaining in the period.
• Beauchamp scored an unassisted goal with 1:06 on the clock, while freshman Oskar Djusberg (Abington, Mass.) and junior Marc Fiocco (Somers, N.Y.) both found the back of the net over the final 20 seconds of the frame to give Western New England a 4-3 edge heading into the second quarter.
• Wallahan equalized for Endicott at the 5:33 mark, but the Golden Bears took a 6-4 advantage into the break as Medlicott and senior Keegan Dudeck (Longmeadow, Mass.) both scored late in the frame.
• McManus' second goal of the contest with 5:38 remaining in the third quarter had Endicott back to within one (6-5). Sophomore Jared Ward (Littleton, Mass.), Beauchamp, and Medlicott all found the back of the net over the final three minutes of the period, however, as Western New England forged its largest lead of the game (9-5).
• The Golden Bears led by the same margin (10-6) following Beauchamp's third and final goal at the 9:29 mark of the fourth.
• Wallahan responded for the Gulls at 8:55, however, sparking a 4-0 run over the next 1:16 that saw Endicott pull even with 7:39 remaining on a goal by McManus.
• Just under five minutes later, freshman Will Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) netted the game-winner for the Gulls on a feed from McManus. Western New England was able to get a couple shots off in the final minute of play, but both went wide as Endicott held on for the win.
• Endicott outshot Western New England 46-35 and held a 24-20 edge in ground balls.
• The back-and-forth contest featured three lead changes and four ties.
• Junior goalie Steven Kerr (Hopkinton, Mass.) finished with 14 saves on 25 shots.
Western New England (3-9, 3-1 CCC) will look to bounce back on Tuesday at Nichols, while Endicott (5-6, 4-1 CCC) returns home to host Salve Regina.