Remillard records 16th goal of the season, 46th of career
BEVERLY, Mass. (September 30, 2017) – In a showdown between the only two remaining undefeated teams in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), the Western New England University men's soccer team played to a 1-1 draw with Endicott College on Saturday evening at Hempstead Stadium.
• Senior forward Troy Remillard (Palmer, Mass.) scored his CCC-leading 16th goal of the season and 46th of his career in the first half.
• Junior goalkeeper Sam Brewer (Westford, Mass.) stopped seven of the eight shots that he faced.
• Junior Bobby Ivatts (Walpole, Mass.) netted the equalizer for the Gulls on a penalty kick early in the second half.
• Remillard got the Golden Bears on the board with an unassisted goal in the 33rd minute.
• Endicott senior Brendan McLaughlin (Colchester, Conn.) was shown a red card at the 59:25 mark, bringing the Gulls down to ten men for the remainder of the contest.
• Just over a minute later, however, Endicott was awarded a penalty kick and Ivatts tucked his attempt past the dive of Brewer and into the net.
• Western New England was unable to capitalize on its man advantage the rest of the way as the two teams settled for a draw.
• Endicott outshot Western New England 18-11 and held a 5-3 advantage in corner kicks.
• Brewer has posted a 0.96 goals against average in six appearances this season.
Western New England (7-2-1, 2-0-1 CCC) will be on the road Wednesday with a non-conference contest at Clark, while Endicott (6-1-2, 2-0-1 CCC) hosts Babson on Tuesday.