Corey Brown nets second goal in last three games
WORCESTER, Mass. (October 4, 2017) – A second half goal lifted the Clark University men's soccer team to a 2-1 victory over Western New England University on Wednesday evening in non-conference action at Granger Field.
• Sophomore forward Corey Brown (Somers, Conn.) scored for the second time in the last three games.
• Sophomores Sean Munroe (Silver Spring, Md.) and Trevor Sheridan (Massapequa Park, N.Y.) both found the back of the net for the Cougars.
• Western New England senior midfielder Logan Pingree (Middletown, Conn.) and Brown put shots on target in the 24th and 27th minutes, respectively, but Clark senior Connor Maguire (Dunstable, Mass.) saved both to keep the game scoreless.
• Munroe got the Cougars on the board at the 29:02 mark, when he got past the Western New England defense and chipped a shot over junior goalkeeper Sam Brewer (Westford, Mass.), who came out to play the ball.
• Brown equalized for the Golden Bears in the 34th minute, however, when he took a pass from Pingree on the left side of the 18-yard box and buried a low shot inside the far post.
• The score remained tied until Sheridan put the Cougars back in front at the 63:44 mark with the goal that would stand as the game-winner.
• The two teams were even in both shots (18-18) and corner kicks (5-5).
• Brown ranks third on the team with seven points (two goals, three assists) this season.
• Maguire finished with eight saves for Clark.
Both teams will be back in action on Saturday, as Western New England (7-3-1) returns home to host Nichols in a senior day contest at noon, and Clark (5-3-3) remains in Worcester to take on Coast Guard at 1 p.m.