Remillard & Liccardi net two goals each for Golden Bears
QUINCY, Mass. (October 14, 2017) – Senior forward Troy Remillard (Palmer, Mass.) and junior midfielder Nick Liccardi (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) scored two goals each as the Western New England University men's soccer team rolled to a 4-0 victory at Eastern Nazarene College on Saturday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Bradley Field.
• Remillard factored into three of Western New England's four goals, as he scored two himself and also recorded an assist on Liccardi's first tally.
• Liccardi found the back of the net once in each half as the Golden Bears improved to 4-1-1 in CCC play.
• Junior goalkeeper Tyler Lavigne (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) made two saves en route to his first clean sheet of the season.
• The Golden Bears jumped out to an early lead as senior midfielder Logan Pingree (Middletown, Conn.) set up Remillard for the game's opening goal just 2:54 into the contest.
• In the eighth minute, Remillard found Liccardi in the center of the box, and the junior beat Eastern Nazarene sophomore goalkeeper Victor Mendoza (Cathedral, Calif.) for his third goal of the season.
• Western New England added to its lead at the 52:01 mark, when Liccardi scored on a one-timer after receiving a pass from sophomore Chris Manousos (Wethersfield, Conn.).
• Remillard capped the scoring in the 66th minute with the help of assists from sophomores Corey Brown (Somers, Conn.) and Mike Doyle (Chicopee, Mass.).
• Western New England outshot Eastern Nazarene 15-4 and held a 6-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• With 52 career goals, Remillard is eight shy of matching Tony Aquiar's all-time record of 60, while his 21 goals this season are five short of Aquiar's single season mark.
• Western New England has recorded five clean sheets this season.
The Golden Bears (9-4-1, 4-1-1 CCC) will be right back in action on Sunday night at 7:30 p.m. against No. 22 Springfield College at Lusitano Stadium in Ludlow, Mass., while Eastern Nazarene (0-13, 0-6 CCC) hosts Gordon on Wednesday.