Remillard records two shots on goal for Golden Bears
LUDLOW, Mass. (October 15, 2017) – The No. 22 ranked Springfield College men's soccer team remained unbeaten with a 1-0 victory over Western New England University on Sunday evening in non-conference action at Lusitano Stadium.
• Senior forward Troy Remillard (Palmer, Mass.) had a pair of scoring opportunities in the first half, but he was unable to find the back of the net. Remillard accounted for both of Western New England's shots on goal in the contest.
• Springfield senior defender Cam Powell (Housatonic, Mass.) scored the goal that would stand as the game-winner early in the first half.
• Freshman Marvyn Dorchin (Belmont, Mass.) and junior Stewart Frank (Pittsford, N.Y.) made one save each for the Pride en route to the team's sixth consecutive clean sheet.
• Springfield took a 1-0 lead 6:12 into the contest when Powell headed home the ball following a throw-in by senior midfielder Douglas Enga (Syosset, N.Y.).
• Western New England nearly equalized in the 13th minute, as Remillard won the ball from a Springfield defender at the corner of the 18-yard box and fired a shot towards the upper right corner at the far post, but it sailed just wide.
• The senior had another chance to level the score with a point blank shot at the 21:03 mark, but Dorchin came through with a big save.
• An offside call negated another golden opportunity for Western New England a minute later, when sophomore forward Corey Brown (Somers, Conn.) fired a shot off the post.
• Western New England's only other shot on goal came with six minutes remaining in the contest, when Remillard's header was saved by Frank.
• Springfield outshot Western New England 22-7 and held an 8-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Western New England junior goalkeeper Tyler Lavigne (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) finished with five saves.
The Golden Bears (9-5-1) host Roger Williams on Wednesday at 3 p.m., while Springfield (13-0) is off until next Saturday, when the Pride travel to WPI.