Barber leads Golden Bears with 39th place finish in 30:31.1
BIDDEFORD, Maine (October 28, 2017) – The Western New England University men's cross country team ran to an eighth place finish at the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championship on Saturday at Rotary Park.
The Golden Bears posted a team score of 223 to finish eighth in the nine-team field. Wentworth won the team title with a score of 37, while Endicott (71) and Roger Williams (82) rounded out the top three. Gordon senior Damon Kilgore was the top individual finisher with a time of 25:57 on the eight-kilometer course.
• Senior Adrian Barber (Castleton, N.Y.) led the way for the Golden Bears with his 39th place finish in 30:31.1.
• Senior Tim Caves (Wenham, Mass.) placed 43rd and clocked in with a time of 31:02.6.
• Senior Ed Kaczenski (Northfield, Mass.) was right behind Caves in 44th place, earning a time of 31:08.8.
Also Competing for Western New England
• Sophomore Adam Monroe (Wilton, N.Y.) – 48th, 31:49.0
• Senior Jonathan Ricciardi (Pattersonville, N.Y.) – 49th, 31:55.6
• Freshman Jacob Eberli (Ludlow, Mass.) – 53rd, 32:37.6
• Freshman Joe Africano (Alexandria, Va.) – 56th, 34:22.2
Western New England will be off next weekend, before returning to action on Sunday, November 12 at the NCAA New England Regional Championship.