Western New England outshoots Utica 31-5
ONEONTA, N.Y. (September 2, 2017) – The Western New England University women's soccer team put 15 shots on goal, but was unable to find the back of the net in a 0-0 draw against Utica College on Saturday afternoon during the second round of the Erinn K. Brozmann Cup, hosted by Hartwick College at Elmore Field.
• Senior forward Brooke Labrie (Granby, Mass.) put all five of her shots on target, while sophomore defender Julia Sarnelli (Island Park, N.Y.) recorded three shots on goal.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Alex Lemekha (Stamford, Conn.) was forced to make just three saves en route to her first career clean sheet.
• Utica sophomore goalkeeper Allison Wagner (Canandaigua, N.Y.) stopped all 15 of the shots she faced to preserve the tie for the Pioneers.
• Western New England was in control from the outset, earning a corner kick just two minutes into the contest and outshooting Utica 9-2 over the opening 45 minutes of play.
• The Golden Bears continued to pepper Wagner with shots in the second half, but the match remained scoreless through the end of regulation.
• Neither team was able to come away with a game-winner during the 20 minutes of overtime as the two sides settled for a scoreless draw.
• Western New England outshot Utica 31-5 and held a 7-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Wagner made seven of her 15 saves in the second half.
Western New England (0-1-1) returns to action on Wednesday at crosstown rival Springfield College, while Utica (0-1-1) hosts SUNY Poly on Thursday.