Smith records team-high two shots on goal for Golden Bears
BEVERLY, Mass. (September 30, 2017) – Sophomore Hannah Pesci (Windham, N.H.) scored two goals as the Endicott College women's soccer team defeated Western New England University, 3-0, on Saturday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Hempstead Stadium.
• Freshman Morgan Smith (Manchester, Conn.) accounted for two of Western New England's four shots on goal.
• Pesci carried Endicott offensively, while senior Shelby Elwell (Litchfield, Conn.) registered a four-save shutout.
• Pesci put the Gulls in front for good 7:24 into the contest after receiving a cross from classmate Larissa Cade (Middlefield, Conn.).
• Cade then doubled the home team's advantage in the 17th minute with her fourth goal of the season.
• The Gulls led 2-0 at the break, before Pesci netted her second of the contest at the 61:47 mark.
• Endicott outshot Western New England 20-6 and held a 4-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Alex Lemekha (Stamford, Conn.) made four saves in the loss.
Western New England (4-5-1, 2-1 CCC) returns to action on Tuesday with a non-conference contest at Western Connecticut, while Endicott (5-3-1, 2-0-1 CCC) is off until next Saturday, when the Gulls host Gordon.