WESTFIELD, Mass. (November 8, 2017) – The Western New England University women's swimming team fell to Westfield State University, 162-88, in dual meet action on Wednesday night at the Ely Center Pool.
• Sophomore Kayla Snider (Leesburg, Va.) posted Western New England's lone individual event win in the 200-yard individual medley. Snider also finished second in both the 50 and 100-yard backstroke.
• Senior Erika Sheinhait (Framingham, Mass.) turned in three runner-up performances.
• Senior Tia Pariseau (Holden, Mass.) led the Owls with a trio of event wins.
• Senior Jacquelyn Peterson (Beverly, Mass.) finished third in the 1000-yard freestyle with a time of 12:38.16, eight seconds faster than her previous best this season.
• Freshman Sarah Bartlett's (Branford, Conn.) time of 2:2192 in the 200-yard freestyle was a two-second improvement on her top time this year.
• Snider finished second in the 50-yard backstroke (31.90 seconds), while freshman Lauren Mangiaratti (Ashland, Mass.) led a trio of Golden Bears in the 50-yard breaststroke with a time of 35.99 seconds, good for second place. Sophomore Emily Elliott (Cortland, N.Y.) also competed in the 50-breast, earning a NEISDA 'A' cut with a time of 36.84 seconds.
• Sheinhait posted NEISDA 'A' cut efforts in the 100 (1:06.35) and 50-yard butterfly (29.23 seconds), and also swam her fastest time of the season in the 100-yard freestyle (1:01.57), finishing second in all three events.
• Senior Janelle Lief (San Jose, Calif.) also earned an 'A' cut in the 50-yard butterfly with a time of 30.81 seconds.
Western New England (1-1) will be off until next Friday, November 17, when the Golden Bears host Rhode Island College for a dual meet at the Alumni Healthful Living Center Pool at 6 p.m.