SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (January 24, 2018) – The Western New England University women's swimming team registered a 133-68 victory over Gordon College on Wednesday evening at the Alumni Healthful Living Center Pool.
• Sophomore Emily Elliott (Cortland, N.Y.) posted a pair of event wins in the 400-yard individual medley (5:28.53, NEISDA A Cut) and the 100-breaststroke (1:18.89) while placing second in the 50-freestyle (29.09 seconds).
• Sophomore Kayla Snider (Leesburg, Va.) was victorious in the 100-butterfly (1:05.69) and the 100-backstroke (1:08.64), while senior Erika Sheinhait (Framingham, Mass.) turned in first place finishes in the 50-backstroke (32.51 seconds, NEISDA A Cut) and the 100-freestyle (1:01.03). Senior Janelle Lief (San Jose, Calif.) also competed in the 50-backstroke and placed second with a time of 34.56 seconds (NEISDA B Cut).
• Senior Jacquelyn Peterson (Beverly, Mass.) posted two NEISDA qualifying efforts in the 200-freestyle (2:14.85, B Cut) and the 500-freestyle (5:53.37, A Cut).
• Freshmen Julianna Foley (Wilbraham, Mass.) and Sarah Bartlett (Branford, Conn.) both recorded NEISDA A Cut efforts in the 50-backstroke (32.86 seconds) and the 200-butterfly (2:39.24), respectively.
• Senior Ali Johnstone (Southwick, Mass.) swam to second place in the 50-breaststroke, clocking in at 37.49 seconds (NEISDA A Cut). She also dropped two seconds from her season-best time in the 100-individual medley (1:15.82).
• Freshman Lauren Mangiaratti (Ashland, Mass.) earned a time of 31.64 seconds in the 50-butterfly and 1:11.69 in the 100-individual medley, both of which were NEISDA B Cut performances. Mangiaratti also swam her fastest time of the season in the 50-breaststroke (34.83 seconds), finishing first in the event.
• Junior Sharon Lui (Milton, Mass.) posted a time of 1:38.88 in the 100-breaststroke, two seconds better than her previous top time this season.
Western New England travels to the University of St. Joseph on Friday evening, before returning home to host Rhode Island College in its dual meet finale on Saturday at noon.