Sheinhait finishes first in 100, 200-freestyles
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (January 26, 2018) – The Western New England University women's swimming team fell to the University of Saint Joseph, 144-126, on Friday evening in a dual meet at Bruyette Natatorium.
• Senior Erika Sheinhait (Framingham, Mass.) led the Golden Bears with individual wins in the 200-yard freestyle (2:15.80) and 100-freestyle (1:00.39). Sheinhait also swam the anchor leg of Western New England's 200-medley relay that finished first in 2:05.40, along with sophomore Kayla Snider (Leesburg, Va.), freshman Lauren Mangiaratti (Ashland, Mass.) and senior Janelle Lief (San Jose, Calif.).
• Snider also posted an individual win in the 100-individual medley (1:07.09) to go with a runner-up performance in the 100-backstroke (1:10.30).
• Senior Jacquelyn Peterson (Beverly, Mass.) was Western New England's only other event winner, as she placed first in the 1000-freestyle (12:24.82, NEISDA A Cut) before taking second in the 50-freestyle (29.05 seconds) and the 500-freestyle (6:01.68).
• Lief and Mangiaratti both registered a pair of second-place finishes, with Lief's coming in the 50-butterly (30.73 seconds) and 100-butterly (1:09.48), and Mangiaratti's in the 50-breaststroke (35.62 seconds) and 100-breaststroke (1:18.63).
• Freshman Sarah Bartlett (Branford, Conn.) swam her fastest times of the season in both the 100-butterfly (1:17.25) and 1000-freestlye (13:04.53), including an eight-second improvement in the latter event.
• Junior Anna Boucher (Merrimack, N.H.) also posted season-best times in the 50-backstroke (37.92 seconds) and 100-individual medley (1:19.82).
• Junior Sharon Lui (Milton, Mass.) registered a time of 37.01 seconds in the 50-butterfly, her fastest this season.
Western New England hosts Rhode Island College on Saturday afternoon at 12 p.m. for the final dual of the season as the Golden Bears celebrate Senor Day at the AHLC Pool.