Sibiskie posts fifth double-double of the season 42 assists and 18 digs
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (September 23, 2017) – The Western New England University volleyball team dropped a 3-1 (25-21, 25-23, 21-25, 25-17) decision to the Wentworth Institute of Technology on Saturday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at the Alumni Healthful Living Center.
• Senior outside hitter Emmaline Chiodini (St. Louis, Mo.) led the Golden Bears with 14 kills and 20 digs.
• Sophomore setter Caitlyn Sibiskie (Rockfall, Conn.) recorded a career-high 42 assists to go with 18 digs and two kills.
• Senior outside hitter Alona Kornberg (Fair Lawn, N.J.) finished with nine kills and 12 digs.
• Sophomore outside hitter Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, Ill.) paced the Leopards with 15 kills, 22 digs and four block assists.
• Sophomore outside hitter Claire Quick (Mission Viejo, Calif.) totaled ten kills and a team-high 27 digs.
• After dropping the first two sets, Western New England gained some separation midway through the third frame en route to a 25-21 triumph. Chiodini led the Golden Bears with five kills in the set.
• Western New England knotted the fourth set at 12-12 on a kill by Chiodini, but Wentworth answered with a 5-0 run and pulled away late to seal the victory.
• Sibiskie has recorded consecutive double-doubles and five overall this season.
• Chiodini has tallied 10+ kills three times this fall and 10+ digs on four occasions.
• The Golden Bears hit .042 as a team, while the Leopards posted a .156 hitting percentage.
Western New England (7-7, 1-1 CCC) travels to Gordon on Tuesday, while Wentworth (12-1, 1-1 CCC) returns home to take on the University of New England.