Dias leads Golden Bears, earning All-Conference honors with seventh place finish in 24:57.8
BIDDEFORD, Maine (October 28, 2017) – The Western New England University women's cross country team ran to a sixth place finish at the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championship on Saturday at Rotary Park.
The Golden Bears posted a team score of 137, good for sixth in the eight-team field. The University of New England won the team title with a score of 44, while Gordon (59) and Salve Regina (66) rounded out the top three. UNE senior Emma Robidoux (Fairhaven, Mass.) was the top individual finisher, as she completed the 6.1-kilometer course in 23.57.3.
• Junior Meagan Dias (Ludlow, Mass.) led the way for the Golden Bears, earning All-Conference honors for the second consecutive season with her seventh-place finish in 24:57.8.
• Freshman Samantha Lewis (Goffstown, N.H.) placed 27th with a time of 26:42.0.
• Senior Kathleen Silveira (Plainfield, Conn.) finished 33rd and clocked in at 27:14.5.
Also Competing for Western New England
• Sophomore Edelinda Baptista (Pawtucket, R.I.) – 49th, 28:18.0
• Junior Kaitlin Armstrong (Bolton, Conn.) – 51st, 28:19.8
• Freshman Makayla Kinnie (Griswold, Conn.) – 53rd, 28:23.0
• Freshman Katelyn Storey (Sloansville, N.Y.) – 82nd, 31:21.3
Western New England will be off next weekend, before returning to action on Sunday, November 12 at the NCAA New England Regional Championship.